Monday, April 19, 2010

Mint Condition - True story.

Mint Condition on AD - Toys and relationships...

So now you're starting to get the picture here. But, with John's statement in the last panel, what could it mean? Well, if you come back Thursday you'll find out.

So last time I was telling you about how I felt weird considering I'm going to be 22 this Wednesday, and that means I'll be the exact same age Nathan was when I first met him 8 years ago. Continuing from there, I think I'd like to share some more sappiness with you guys. The story of the "Mint Condition Crew" can't be told without first going WAY back in time to when I was about 4 years old. When I was 4 my family and I moved into a house right across the street from Jeremy. From there we hung out, talked, picked on each other, and generally became good friends. It wasn't until years later (when I was about 14) that I met Nathan. He had been friends with Jeremy, and Jeremy's brother Chris for a long time but I hadn't met him until much later. I never really had an interest to to be honest. When I saw him, I just saw a guy who wore tight shirts, shiny pants, shades, and always had some sort of goatee. He looked like an asshole. So it feels good to know that my first impression of him was right. Just kidding. But seriously, he's an asshole. But he liked action figures, anime, and comic books and shit so he's pretty cool too. From there I met Jacqi and about a year later we met Adam working at a local comic book store. If you know the comic then you know those two get together. We also managed to meet Jimmy because Nathan started dating his sister. Good times, had by all.

Now you may be asking yourself "What about Tim and Dave?" I knew them years before meeting Nathan. We've been friends since the 7th grade. Sadly, they moved to Minnesota about the time I met Nathan but I still talk to them quite frequently. They still plan to move back, so here's hoping. All in all, it's been a crazy 8 years. The first few years were filled will all kinds of wacky mishaps, including broken hearts, fights, parties, and on one occasion Nathan giving me a lapdance. He also kissed me a one of our New Year's parties...methinks those shiny pants say more about Nathan than he's letting on? That's for him to come to terms with*. Anyway, after that I moved to the other side of the state for about 4 years. Those were not fun times, but extenuating circumstances forced my father, brother, and I to do it.

But I moved back to Garland last year so since then I guess you could say the old gang is back. All in all, looking back on the past 8 years (even the 4 I was gone) I'm not sure I would have changed a thing. Yeah it sucked to be gone, but it was truly a learning experience and it changed me for the better. If I hadn't moved, I might not have been able to take that trip to Belgium. How many people can say they visited another country before the age of 18...who are also middle class Americans? Not many, I'd imagine. But if everything hadn't happened exactly as it did then I wouldn't be where I am today and I like where I am. I'm quite happy. So to everyone reading this, friends, family, and of course my girlfriend Sarah, let me say thank you. Thank you for being like a second family to me who is occasionally more fun than my real family. Thank you for being there for me through the worst times of my life and for being there through some of the best. I hope all of you are with me in wanting as many years as possible in the future together. So to all of you guys I give a heartfelt....MALEVOLENT!

Until Thursday. *Please don't kill me Nathan!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sam said...

I call Nathan gay and a girl all the time, and he has never tried to kill me.

April 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home