Thursday, April 1, 2010

That hood really gets in the way of seeing things, it seems..

Ok, so some quick notes for today, because I'm really busy!

ONE: The response on the idea for a new store has been nothing but positive so far, so I feel confident in this being the right move towards independence for myself and for the Mint Condition "brand", as it were.

TWO: The book is coming along splendidly. I literally worked all day yesterday on it, and it's turning out better than I imagined. Unfortunately, for all the early comics I no longer have the high resolution versions of the comic. I am however, trying to "remaster" them for print. I can't redo them completely, though. I can't redraw them completely, because I just don't think I have the energy or time. Plus, I want the comics to appear in print as they did on the site at the time of publishing, and there's no way I can copy exactly the way I used to draw, and I don't have a Wacom tablet, so I can't digitally trace them either. I am relettering them though. Well, first I'm bumping each comic to 300 DPI. This is print quality, and even though it's perfectly high res, it will still look good when printed. But all the dialogue/sound effects/anything that is written on the page is being redone. It's the least I can do. I can't make the early comics perfectly high resolution, but I can easily redo the lettering for all the dialogue and redo all the sound effects so that when they appear in print the words will at least be perfectly high resolution, ensuring a perfect read. Again, it's the least I could do and I'm happy to do it. I just wish I had learned about saving the high res PDFs beforehand, but for book two I'm more than prepared. But that's another conversation. And finally...

THREE: I have to pee. That is all. Come back Monday for another comic, and don't miss this Sunday's comic over on Articulated Discussion. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a book to finish! Until Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee Timmy does have a beard sometimes now. we all love it until it is cut off

April 2, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home