Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mint Condition - Look! It's all digitally!

Mint Condition on AD - It's creepy how true to life this one is.

Yeah, that's right. I have joined the "big boys club" and used a wacom tablet to completely render my comic. For the time being I'm going to be making all my comics with it, because it's amazingly intuitive and actually helps me work faster. Which is awesome. I'm actually learning discipline with it, which is just what I needed.

I'm also planning on completely remastering some of the old comics for the book. Before I said I was only going to reletter the old comics since completely redoing them would be far too time consuming and really hard since I didn't have a Wacom tablet. Well, now I do. Although I already have finished most of the pages, I want to completley redo some of them as a special gesture for the book. I'm thinking of completely redoing Escape from Whatever the Fuck the Capital of India Is as well as the NecroComicCon story arc from a couple of Halloweens ago. It shouldn't take too long, especially with the tablet and since those are two of my biggest and personal favorite storylines that I've ever done, I think it could be a lot of fun. What do you all think of that? I can't imagine anyone being opposed to it, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Until then, I'm going to keep playing with this thing. Seriously, it's caused me to lose some sleep recently. That ain't healthy, but I'm having so much fun! Who knows, you guys may even see some new wallpapers to download in the near future.

Also, this past weekend was the Sci-Fi Expo in Richardson Texas. I wasn't able to stay too long, and I mostly went there to look for cheap action figures to use as custom fodder. Which I found, so that's awesome. But I did bring with me my DVD of The Crow, as well as the original graphic novel, because James O'Barr happened to be in attendance. He lives in the area so he attends all the local conventions around here. It was awesome to see him again. Last time I didn't bring anything for him to sign, because I was strictly there as a professional. But this time, I thought...fuck it. I want to be in fanboy mode. I even managed to take a picture of him!
Next time, I'm totally going to commission him for a drawing. I didn't have enough money with me though. Well, that's about all the news for now.

Until Thursday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

comic's looking sharp...its like the HD version.

April 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comic's looking sharp...its like the HD version.

April 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Mike said...

Really good. And I like the breaking of the fourth wall, reminds me of Deadpool - One of the few comic book characters that knows that he only exists within a comic.

April 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Infinityman said...

Get a Cintiq you'll be amazed at the difference between tablet and the Cintiq. I sucked it up and coffed up the 2 grand for the big one but the smaller 12wx is cool too.

April 28, 2010 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Cintiq is the ultimate goal. Believe me, when I can afford it I'll get it. I can only imagine how awesome it is.

Unfortunately though, my next big purchase will be an HD video camera so I can make my own movies.

April 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home