Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's funny, because it's true...

So if you woke up early enough to read it this morning, I was burned out yesterday. I promised a more relevant news post when I awoke, and well...I awoke. So here goes nothing. First of all, today's comic isn't necessarily about me, but about the artist in general. I know many people who feel this way, and it actually saddens me to see such great talent and potential going to waste. I don't really think I procrastinate, but I do overextend myself to the point where I forget to do something or just can't find the time in a day. You know how when you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and there's only a little jelly left in the jar and you have to scrape the sides to get it out, but even then it's not enough and then you just scrape and scrape it across the bread in a futile attempt to get the entire surface covered, even though you're barely going to be able to taste it anyway? Yeah, I feel like the jelly. Or I'm hungry. I'm not sure where that analogy came from. The point is, I tend to spread myself too thin. But I don't know if I would have it any other way. Or if I could have it any other way. I love what I do, and I love that I get to create art whenever I feel like it and occasionally I get paid for it as well. That's fun.

So why exactly was I burned out yesterday? Tons and tons of work on the comic, book, or new site? Well...no. Actually I went to a special screening of the movie Drones as part of the USA Film Festival. The movie was directed by Amber Benson and Adam Busch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame. They were both actually at the screening to help promote the film. There was a Q&A session afterward, and it was a lot of fun. I've never gotten to go to a film festival before and not only see a really great movie before the rest of the world, but also get a chance to talk with the directors who I've been fans of since Buffy. It was great. As always when I meet famous types, I try to keep my cool, not to ramble, and not to talk about anything that only a fanboy would talk about. I kept it professional, calm, and talked about the movie in question. Ok, FINE. I did get them both to sign the box from my Buffy the Vampire Slayer Complete Series collection, and I got a bunch of pictures with them. And I got to hug Amber Benson. But that's all the fanboyness. I promise. Here's a photo of Sarah and I with Amber Benson and Adam Busch.



Look how happy Adam Busch is! He loves being attacked by merciless fans. Anyway, that's all for now. Until Monday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous seems so boring said...

knock, knock. hmm i seem to be locked out of my account or i forgot my password either way i'm back

April 29, 2010 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back, old chum. :)

May 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger DarkReflections said...

This comic couldn't be any more right. XD

May 1, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home