Thursday, April 15, 2010

I told you guys if you just waited, all would be revealed...

Yep, this will be the start of a full reveal of the events toward the end of John's stay at the Sacred Cartoonist Monastery. Notice I said "start". Yeah this isn't just a one time joke, there is more to the story here. It's always funny though, Pictionary really does seem to be the ultimate duel between artists. There's a saying that goes: The better of an artist you are, the worse you are at Pictionary. I think this holds water. If you're a great artist you spend a lot of time perfecting your work, and by then you've run out of time, or your drawing is too detailed to really be recognizable. It's still fun as hell and is one of my favorite board games to play.

So if you're not someone who already knows me, you probably don't know that next Wednesday is my birthday. Yep, April 21. I'm going to be 22 next Wednesday which may seem really young to some of you, and maybe old to some of you??? That all depends on how many neglectful parents let their 13 year old read my comic. But I digress. Yeah, thanks to Sarah I've been thinking about it a lot. I usually don't ever think about my birthday, but since I've been with her she makes a big deal out of it so I can't help but notice. It feels weird to know that I'm going to be turning the same age Nathan was when I first met him 8 years ago. Time always seems to go by fast until you stop and think about it. Then it seems like ages ago. But yeah, I first met Nathan when he was 22 and I was 14 (there, now my site will show up under sex offender searches - the overly touched demographic). Perhaps next Monday, I'll grace you all with the story of how I first came into this group of ragtag ne'er-do-wells.

This Wednesday we have plans to travel back to Oklahoma to visit the Action Figure Museum so that should be fun. I'll let you know how that goes too, and if you see the donation link back up on the main page, it means I spent WAY too much money in their gift shop. Advance warning on that. I didn't want to mention my birthday as a way to fish for congratulations on surviving on this planet for another year (although I do welcome them...just sayin') I just wanted to let you know what's been on my mind. That's really all I got for today. Random thoughts bouncing around in my head. Here, I'll even leave you today with an old photo of me from around the time I met everyone. Some would say a better time. A simpler time:


And apparently a more monochromatically defined wardrobe sort of time.



Ah yes, the original trench coat. I think I still have it, albeit in tatters. Yeah, you can definitely expect more sappiness on next Monday's news post as well. Until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home