Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Those backgrounds took a surprisingly long time to paint.

First off for today, I finally got my white whale! I've been searching for the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Kamakura figure for a long time. I don't think it ever showed up in Texas at all...anyway, I bought it on eBay for a relatively cheap price considering he goes for 30+ dollars (without shipping). So...go me.

Now onto news people actually care about. I'm really really tired of not having this book done. It seems like every time I get even a little time to work on it, I remember something else I have to do. What with having my actual comic to work on, the Articulated Discussion comics, and custom commissions, my plate is well and good full. It seems like the only way to get extra time to work on the book is if I don't sleep. And you know you have a problem when you get excited at the thought that if you didn't have to sleep you could work more.

So here's the thing...I'm wanting to have a week of guest comics. And when I say week, I mean a whole week. 7 days. I only update my comic Monday and Thursday, but if I had a guest week I would update Monday-Sunday for that week. I figure if I'm going to have a week of comics that aren't by me, I might as well balance it out by updating more than twice for that week. During this week I will be working steadily and heavily on the book, hopefully finishing it (or at least getting really close to finishing it). If you have some free time and want to make a comic that could appear on the site go ahead! It may end up here. I'll pick seven to appear on the site for that week, and any others that I happen to get I'll just save for another rainy week. The basic rules for guest comics on here are:

1. They must use the set characters from Mint Condition.
2. They can either be in gray scale, or color format. Gray scale is preferable.
3. No nudity (unless censored), but swearing is ok.
4. Must include "Copyright 2010 John Harmon" somewhere on the comic. If you want to include your own name and URL to your site you may.

I have no idea when this guest week will even happen. Sometime in the future after I've recieved at least 7 comics I'll determine a date. It will also have to be once I've reached a stopping point in the current storyline. So get drawing! And if you know someone who you think might be interested let 'em know! I'm excited to see what you can all come up with. Ok that's it for now. Until Monday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi John! Here's the thing. I vote me and you should find a way to force Tim to do a guest comic. I think that not only would Tim have fun doing it but fans will probably enjoy seeing one done by one of the characters themselves. I know I would. And if we both try hard enough I'm sure he'll agree. What do you think?
~Sammi Benson

February 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that's a superb idea. I've been trying to get Tim to guest for a long time.

Hey Tim. Do it!

For fun...

February 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just got him to say he'll try! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM  
Anonymous DrNightmare said...

Lol, these last two comics were hilarious.

I'd make a comic for you, but I suck at drawing...and coloring...and photoshopping...:P

February 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger DarkReflections said...

I'd love to do one as well. :)

February 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go ahead. I look forward to seeing what you could come up with.

February 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home