Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mint Condition - What a twist!

Mint Condition on AD - Seriously, why are they making a Stretch Armstrong movie?

Thanks to everyone who has commented in some way or another on the recent customs update. Expect some more, at...some point I'm sure. Now, about today's comic. You know what? I don't think I should comment on it. I'll let it speak for itself. Just wait until Thursday's comic, that's about all I can say. If you have questions/comments post them here or on the forum. In toy news, I'm equal parts pissed/excited about the photos from the Toy Fair this weekend. Hasbro unveiled figures from their Pursuit of Cobra G.I. Joe line, supposedly following Rise of Cobra. I've been excited about it for a long time, and loved early photos of the figures from months ago. Now I see the same figures except the heads do not look like the actors. Instead, they're just these generic...weird looking things. Disappointed...apparently Hasbro won't be using actor's likenesses for Pursuit of Cobra, but hopefully we'll see them again when the second G.I. Joe movie comes out. Also, I hate the new packaging/logo for the figures. Now when I said I was excited it's because there are several figures I'm highly anticipating, especially the new H.I.S.S. tank that Hasbro unveiled. Looks very awesome.

In Movie News, I just saw Taken the other night for the first time. Sarah bought it for me and we watched it together. It was AMAZING. It's no wonder Liam Neeson is my favorite actor. The man is phenomenal, and even though he's close to 60 years old, he really pushes himself in this movie. He's doing so many stunts while maintaining such a fragile character it's amazing. When I was watching the opening credits I read that it was co-written by Luc Besson. For those who don't know, Luc Besson is one of my favorite directors/writers and is responsible for some of the coolest and I'd say, most brilliant movies ever made. Leon, the Professional would be a perfect example of this. He also did Le Femme Nikita, The Fifth Element, The Transporter, and most recently he's responsible for From Paris With Love (yet to see this). Truly I was meant to see Taken. I'd go so far as to say I was taken with Taken. Eh? No? Ok, moving on...anyway, it's a great movie. Go watch it, you'll love it. Let's see, what else is there to talk about today? Oh yeah, Happy One Day After Valentine's Day! And, head on over to TopWebComics to vote for Mint Condition if you don't mind. That's it for now everybody. Expect awesome things this Thursday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dim McRemnant said...

Luc Besson also did District B13. Amazing fucking movie. I think From Paris With Love looks fucking horrible, but I didn't know Besson had anything to do with it. He could save it.

February 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not familiar with District B13...I'll have to check it out.

Also, I didn't know Besson had anything to do with From Paris With Love until earlier tonight.

I wasn't interested in seeing it at ALL until I saw Luc Besson wrote the movie.

Now I am interested...

February 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've said before: "Taken" should have been called "Liam Neeson Kills Everyone"

Also, Stretch Armstrong? Who in hell thinks that's a good idea?

February 15, 2010 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Liam Neeson Kills Everyone was an awesome movie.

He really fucked up anyone who got in his way, didn't he? He even shot his friend's wife in the arm just to make a point, and all she did was try to be a gracious hostess.

He REALLY wanted his daughter back.

I loved that movie. It shows how far someone is willing to go for someone they love. It shows how hard someone can push back if you fuck with them enough.

Also, I have no idea who thought Stretch Armstrong would make a good movie. Honestly. I just...have no clue at all. Apparently they're making Battleship into a movie too though. And I just heard "Viewmaster" is becoming a movie.

Yeah...THAT viewmaster...

February 16, 2010 at 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home