Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mint Condition - What do you fear?

Mint Condition on AD - The next blockbuster movie based on a toy!

So a BIG thanks to everyone who has donated to the cause. It means a lot to get so much response so soon and to have so much support. At this rate Mint Condition will have its own domain and hosting in no time! Thank you all.

So I saw Valentine's Day last Monday with Sarah. I wasn't expecting much from it, but I must say I was surprised. It was a pretty good movie, considering it had Ashton Kutcher in it. It's in the same vein as Love, Actually (another great movie starring Liam Neeson) in that it chronicles the stories of several different people and cleverly weaves them all together. Valentine's Day did this too, and it actually worked. I didn't think it would, but it did. Although with as many failed relationships as there are in that movie I'm surprised it wasn't called "Love Sucks". If you're feeling in a cheesy mood (or have a girlfriend who keeps bugging you about seeing it) then I'd say go for it. Now I have to seriously balance that out by going and seeing Wolfman! I've been waiting for that movie since 2008 when it was supposed to come out.

That's pretty much it for today. I thought I'd have more to say, but as work keeps piling higher and higher I find myself coming up blank on things to say here in the news. I'm hard at work on doing the comic, working on some custom action figure commissions, and slothfully trudging through the wave of destruction that is Mint Condition volume one. If you find my lack of words disturbing, feel free to kick my ass about it in the comments or on the forums. Perhaps I'll grumble in response. Ok enough chit-chat, I gotta get back to comicking! Until Thursday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shane said...

Year-long reader, first-time commenter. Absolutely love this comic. I knew exactly what you were you doing as soon as I saw Liam Neeson. I wish I could contribute to your undertaking of a personal site. I hope everything works out.
And you've no-doubt seen the heavy negative reaction to "The Wolfman." I suggest going into it bearing the flaws in mind, and just taking in all the lycanthropic carnage. Hope you enjoy it.

February 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Shane, always great to hear from a reader.

I'm glad you liked the Batman reference. I just couldn't resist...most cartoonists can't seem to resist a good Batman reference it seems.

As for Wolfman, I do plan on seeing it. I usually don't let negative reviews or comments deter me from seeing a movie I'm excited about. I'm sure it won't be as good as the original (possibly my favorite classic horror film), but it does look good and a lot of fun, as well as having plenty of carnage - something I always look for in a movie.

And don't worry about not being able to donate. I don't think less of anyone who doesn't. It's hard to just give money to something, I understand that. My only interest is keeping you as a reader, and hopefully gaining more readers which is why I'm working on having my own domain and site hosting.

At this rate I'll have one before Summer, haha.

Seriously thanks for reading. Hope to get lots more comments in the future.

February 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home