Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let's take a break from all this money business for a while.

So now you all get to see what John's been up to. I thought this would be a good break from everything going on with the rest of the MC gang. I don't really want to comment too much on the comics for the time being. I just want you all to enjoy the ride. Now in other news, I've been thinking lately of seriously moving off of ComicGenesis onto my own site, with my own domain and everything. The only thing preventing me from doing this is the cost for hosting. I've found really great deals, and they would totally be worth it, I just need that initial capital. As part of the big changes to the site this year, I'd like for this to be one of them. I'm already planning on it as we speak, so hopefully this will come to fruition. How you can help is by buying something from the store, or if you've been wanting a certain custom action figure, then just send a request my way and I'll see what I can do.

I'm also going to add a donate button to the right of the comic, under the link to TopWebComics. I've noticed some even high profile Webcartoonists like David Willis from Shortpacked! use a donate button so I thought I'd give it a try. All the proceeds are going directly to fund domain hosting for Mint Condition for the next 2 years. For 2 years of unlimited hosting I have to pay roughly $160.00 USD, so that's my goal. Once I have it I'll take the donate button down, so if you want to help support Mint Condition, click on the button help out. Every little big counts. Sorry to be so serious this post, but I've got serious things to talk about, like the future of my comic which is very important to me (and hopefully to all of you as well). This could prove to be the most important year for Mint Condition yet. I've got huge plans, some of which has already come to pass, and some of which I'm working on as we speak. One of the biggest being the fabled Mint Condition Volume One which I am still working on. I'm working on collecting old strips while working on new strips for the site. It's quite a juggling act, haha. That's enough "biz" talk for today. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance to all comments and donations I get. Let's help make Mint Condition the best site it could possibly be. Until Monday everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dim McRemnant said...

You can just buy a year at a time. That's what I just did, and it only cost $83.40.

February 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM  
Blogger John Harmon said...

I'd rather not worry about it for the next 2 years.

You can also do 6 months, but I don't wanna do that either.

February 21, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home