Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mint Condition - Hey look! Adam still has a job!

Mint Condition on AD - Venture Bros. action figures!!!

Seriously, it's been a while since I did a comic showing Adam at work. Thought I'd introduce his never-before-seen coworker Vegan Matt. Created for the sole purpose of this joke, and hopefully some more in the future if I can think of any. I really feel for Adam in this one. I mean, he did run out of milk at home for crying out loud.

So, in case you've missed me rambling about it either on here or on Twitter recently, last Thursday I went to see Eddie Izzard live. It was an AMAZING show to say the least. Everything about it was perfect (minus the $4.50 non free-refillable soda) and it was tons of fun.

Eddie Izzard is easily my favorite stand-up comedian. His comedy is is gold and delightfully irreverent. It's obvious his train of thought, while hilarious to us, makes complete and perfect sense to him. Hell, it makes sense to me, which is probably why I'm a fan. To hear him run off on tangents only to go back to what he was originally talking about 20 minutes later and then say "So yeah, all that's true" is fucking hysterical. He has boundless energy on stage and an excellent stage presence. He's like a child on stage, very laid back, but also really excited. It really makes you feel comfortable watching him while being stuck in a small seat.

He also brings up some good points in his show, such as one of his many arguments for the existence of evolution. Other than "follow the science" he talks about how the appendix is useless to humans. It's used for digesting grass, which humans don't eat. "Unless we USED TO" Izzard brings up. Then goes on to act out the appendixes frustration at being useless by "calling up" Intelligent Design and complaining about how he's going to explode if he doesn't have anything to do. "I want to be in the back of books..." he says. Very thought provoking, very hilarious, nigh perfect is what I'd call the show I went to. Thanks to Sarah for buying the tickets and getting great seats, and thanks to Eddie Izzard for giving me endless amounts of laughter and causing my throat and hands to hurt by the end of the show (in a non-sexual way I assure you). Although Eddie Izzard is my personal Jesus Christ.

Ok, I think I've spent too much of your time with these rantings. Suffice it to say Eddie Izzard's show was phenomenal. To anyone else who went, I hope you had as good a time as I did, and for those reading this who have never heard of Eddie Izzard, I hope this was informative and causes you to look up his stuff. You won't be dissapointed. Until Thursday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to say that today's comic was EFFING HILLARIOUS! I seriously enjoyed it! You are a funny funny man.

January 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... there's a break room in that comic shop?

January 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger John Harmon said...

@rockoutloud42 thanks a bunch!

I was kinda unsure if the punchline would really...ya know...punch the way I intended it to. Glad it did. Thanks for reading!

@Anonymous yeah, it's one of those high class multi-roomed comic shops...apparently...as of this comic.

January 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home