Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A cookie goes to anyone who can name all 3 movie references in this comic.

Sherlock Holmes was a really good movie. It was action packed and had me guessing until the end. The mystery itself was just about impossible to solve before the end though, but the relationship between Holmes and Watson alone is enough to love this movie. They're like bickering brothers most of the time. This is something I can relate to having a younger brother of my own. I loved it. Can't wait for a sequel.

I'd like to take this time to thank everybody who has voted for Mint Condition over on TopWebComics. All your support means so much to me and makes it entirely worth it to do this comic. You're welcome to vote for the comic any time you want...as long as it's once every 24 hours anyway. So feel free to keep showing your support. I've gotten a lot more visits because of your help. Thank you all!!!

Now in comic news...if you haven't noticed by now, the comic is bigger now. It used to be 650 pixels wide, but now it's 700 pixels wide, and almost 1000 pixels tall. The comic has been the same width since I first started. It's a new year and I decided it was time for a change. Plus, when I was making this comic I thought the words were too tiny so I knew it was time to implement my size change. At this size, the comic seems to fit better in the site in my opinion. I hope you all think so too. Oh, and the previous comics will remain unaffected so you don't have to worry about this messing them up. Expect more changes throughout the year though.

In geek news, I was in a good mood last night and noticed Walmart had the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Night Raven toy on sale for 19 bucks. I had to buy it. And I did. And it's loads of fun. The Air Viper figure it comes with is OK, but the hip joints are really messed up. I'm definitely going to replace this. And the wheels DON'T WORK. The only real complaint I have with it though. I'll put on custom wheels that actually roll. The lights and sounds and the "gun" feature is cool too. It comes with a pull-down handle+trigger to fire the missiles and it makes it easier to hold when making it "fly". Again...I'm a geek..

And speaking of action figures, the awesome Dr. Nightmare over at Articulated Discussion wanted to do an interview with me about Mint Condition, my custom action figures, and my thoughts on action figures in general. Be sure to check it out. It was a lot of fun. That's about it for today. Come back Monday where our regularly scheduled story continues. Until then.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Sam said...

1. Snatch
2. Weird Science
3. Leasgue of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Do I get a cookie?

January 7, 2010 at 1:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're close on the third one. LXG was mentioned explicitly in the comic, but the setup of the last two panels references another movie.

January 7, 2010 at 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Sam said...

Nate has corrected me...Iron Man.

January 7, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You get a cookie.

January 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Sam said...

I have to split it with Nathan, and he says it better be chocolate chip because that's the only kind of cookie.

January 9, 2010 at 12:59 AM  
Anonymous DrNightmare said...

I think it's funny, you're the first person to call me awesome, John, feels good!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go to the corner and weep thanks to this newfound feeling of joy. lol

January 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home