Monday, December 28, 2009

Cue the rimshot.

So...this past weekend...wow. I have to tell you, this comic almost didn't even make it. First of all, this past Thursday was mine and Sarah's one year anniversary. On that day I felt like Death's bowel movement. I got no work done the entire day. Oh, and our desktop (the computer I use to make the comics) got a serious virus. I won't name it, out of fear of it showing up again (like Candyman or Beetlejuice), but suffice it to say it SUCKED. So even if I hadn't been sick I still couldn't have gotten any work done, because the damned PC was infected.

I felt a little better on Friday, but it was Christmas and I spent the whole day at Sarah's mom's place. I got a little work done that night, but not much. However, with Sarah's help, I got rid of the computer virus. I had to dig into the darkest regions of my computer and manually delete every file, directory, etc. associated with the virus in order to erradicate it. And erradicate it I did. Naturally I was very happy.

Saturday was better. I had a sore throat, but I managed to finish today's comic in Photoshop! So that's a plus. Oh, and I recieved my prize for the Calamities of Nature guest strip I did. I got a copy of his book which is the first collected volume of his strips on his site. It's good stuff. And he signed and doodled inside the book for me. Hilarious. So another plus that day.

Now on Sunday things were looking up. I got a new book, and the comic was all finished. BUT...trying to upload it was another story. I thought Comicgenesis was having a problem with my "new method" for updating the comic, but as it turns out I'm an idiot. I messed up the template for my site's main page the other day and didn't even notice it. So I fixed it, but jeez it's just another thing on top of everything else this weekend...oy.

As you can see by this longwinded post (if you've even read this far), my weekend was anything but eventless. It's truly a miracle that you even got to read this comic today. I had to overcome a lot of hurdles in the past few days, but it feels so worth it. So...until Thursday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

That virus was a bear wasn't it baby? I love you better than grapes!!!

P.S. I dig the new comic; tee hee....

December 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger InsanelyZanter said...

Heh, awesone punchline.

You change how you did the fore/background blur effect? Looks smoother and a bit more natural. Could just be it aganst the background.

December 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it may just be the backgrounds.

I used to blur the hell out of the backgrounds to help separate them from the foreground, but now I'm just painting them and I think that alone separates them. Sometimes I'll blur a foreground element if it's close to the "camera" to help put the focus where I want it.

I draw my comics as if I'm a movie director looking through a camera, and sometimes you use focus pulls, and stuff like that which is why parts of my comics get blurry.

I like to bring those elements into comics.

December 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home