Monday, October 12, 2009

It feels strange, yet familiar, going back to the ol' art style. Still, it feels sort of refreshed, and I feel like I'm already bringing new things to it.

I tried something new with the background. I'm trying to make it feel more organic with the comic, so I did a rough outline sketch and painted in the detail behind it in a sort of blurred effect. Not sure if it's too effective, seeing as it's in grayscale, but I think you get the jist of it. I'll be trying out different things with the backgrounds from now on, since I'm weak in that. I want to get better at drawing and rendering backgrounds. Tips, advice, or whatever would be appreciated from anyone out there whose forte is backgrounds and landscapes.

Oh yeah, and the weather really is that wacky right now...it's so annoying. Make up your MIND. I like the cold. Give me that. Not "freezing cold at night, then burning up the next morning". I can't deal with that. Stupid weather...oh well. Until Thursday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous seems so boring said...

ahh i can't wait for that change again here it is always hot

October 12, 2009 at 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Dim McRemnant said...

I just noticed that Nathan's shirt changed... Comedic genius.

October 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Brian said...

That cold front came in hard and fast that night. I walked in from work in a polo shirt and felt fine, grabbed the dog's leash, walked out and quickly turned around because it was friggin' cold!

October 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Sam said...

I love the way Nate changed his shirt so quickly.

October 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why thank you. I was hoping people would have to kinda double-take to make sure what they saw was right.

October 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home