Thursday, September 17, 2009

So yeah. Today isn't a comic, but instead you get a sneak peek at the upcoming printed book of Mint Condition comics. I won't say much else for now, but since I couldn't get an actual comic done today, I thought you guys still deserved something cool. So here you go. This is just a rough concept/layout, so the actual cover may and probably will look at least a little different. Oh yeah, and there's totally going to be a book. In case you didn't already know...

There was supposed to be a guest comic for today, done by my good friend Dim McRemnant, however it got pushed back until Monday. So I guested for the guest comic. And for those of you wondering why I need guest comics, I sliced open my left index finger quite badly Monday evening and had to go to the hospital to get stitches. It happened while I was working on a new custom action figure. Suffice it to say I'm in a good deal of pain, and while it wasn't on my drawing hand, it still makes certain tasks difficult to perform. So yeah...the next time someone makes fun of you for collecting or playing with action figures, just show them this:



Until Monday.

8 Comments:

Anonymous seems so boring said...

shit dude that must suck when i can i'll show you the pic when i ran myself over with a 4 wheeler that sucked .

also thanks for showin us the demo version of the books cover art it looks groovy but one problem where is wickett or is he there and i cant see since my glasses are off

September 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger John Harmon said...

He's there. He's chasing after Jeremy and Jimmy, that's why they are running and screaming.

Haha, don't worry I included all the cast members. :P

September 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger DarkReflections said...

i cant wait to see the final cover. the way you layered out the characters, in the thought bubble reminds me of the way drew struzan layers out characters on his movie poster work. it looks pretty epic. btw sorry for what happened to your finger. what did you do that made the cut that deep?

September 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I was working on a new custom action figure. I was trying to crack open the figure (like you do) and was using a knife to do so (again...like you do).

That's what I normally do to perform such a procedure, and any customizer will tell you you can never not injure yourself in some minor way.

But, the knife slipped and dug really deep into my left index finger. There was blood (lots of it) and I could see the muscle in my finger...FUN TIMES.

So yeah...that's what happened.

And now my girlfriend won't let me do anything for myself, because she's afraid I'll hurt myself. So I get to sit back while she brings me ice cream and pumpkin pie.

It could be worse.

September 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous seems so boring said...

see now i wanna gash my finger to get pie lol

September 17, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, it's the best $1,500 pie ever...

September 18, 2009 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger DarkReflections said...

so whats gonna be happening for the monday strip? i saw that you had to push back the guest comic twice.

September 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As of now, Monday will be a guest comic. Next Thursday, however, won't.

If that changes (again) I'll let you all know.

September 19, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home