Thursday, August 27, 2009

I say pretty much this exact thing to my girlfriend Sarah all the time. She does not find it amusing...

In other news, Amazon recently revealed a contest they are doing. The Comic Strip Superstar contest. I've seen some people comment on it, and I thought I'd offer my two cents. Personally I think this could be a great chance for any cartoonist out there looking for exposure. On the other hand, I think anyone entering the contest should be cautious. King Features Syndicate is pretty much the go-to syndication for pretty much all the major newspaper comic strips. They're not in desperate need of new talent, so just be careful and ask yourself why they would be spending time and money to take a chance on someone new. Chances are they are just trying to gain publicity, but they're also looking for new talent and since it's a big contest that could make someone a star, they won't care about the "fine print" in the contract, and the artist might end up getting screwed.

However, you would still be getting your art out there, and if that's all you care about then by all means go right ahead. If you want to comment on it, go right ahead. For in-depth discussion on the subject go here. Until Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sam said...

You should set a camera up in the bathroom some day while she's gone, then see what her reaction is when she gets home and sees it.

August 31, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home